2 Hour Lord of the Rings Classic Tour
This classic tour is the tour of choice whether you’re a LOTR fan or just want to learn more about movie making, from finding locations, setting up stunts, visual effects, and finding extras for large armies! This tour takes in the all of the major scenes filmed in and around Twizel.
Could you wear this Gondorian Helm all day? Find out on the LOTR tour:
- Get behind the locked gates and stand in the footsteps of the actors surrounded by the stunning scenery of Middle-earth!
- Use Official LOTR replica swords and wear a limited edition Gondorian helmet
- Experience the physical effort that actors and extras had to put in
- Learn embarrassing moments for actors
- How the battle scene was createdTurning Twizel into Middle EarthExperience the speed of the charge into battle as we drive down the LOTR constructed film road
- How directors identify a good movie location
- Understand the basics of some of the film making techniques usedz
- Stunts and Special Effects
- Discover what it took to turn hundreds of extras into orcs!
- The weeks of pre-filming preparations
- Clever Camera Angles
- How the Actors contributed to the film making
- Is it digital or real?
- The riderless horse and more behind the scenes stories
Your guide will use your camera from our secret photo spot to get fantastic photo or video of you so you can directly compare your experience with scenes in the movie. This great value tour will give you an insight into making a motion picture.
- Adults: $79
- Children 6 to 14 years: $43
- Infants 5 and under: Free
- Tours are subject to demand. Please book in advance or Contact LOTR Tours to confirm availability
Check Availability or Book
All prices are in New Zealand dollars and include G.S.T
Prices valid until 31st March 2013 (prices may be subject to change without notice)